The purpose of ACEC/NC is to encourage and assist its members during practice of their profession in their efforts to:
· Protect the public welfare.
· Safeguard the ethical standards of the engineering profession.
· Promote harmony, cooperation and mutual understanding among consulting engineers.
· Cooperate with public bodies and other organizations in matters of common interest.
· Promote the professional and economic welfare of its members.
· Support and assist in the advancement of the science and practice of engineering.
· Advise on enactment of state and federal legislation affecting the interests of engineers.